Thursday 18 April 2019

5 tips for a conference presentation

Here are my thoughts for a conference (large audience large meeting room + projector presentation).
  1. At least 50% (or more) image area 50% (or less) text area for each slide. Usually I prefer one supporting image per slide. It acts as a visual trigger and tells directly what you are going to focus on. And I have noticed that as soon as your audience sees an image they turn their attention back on you. And this what you want…. all eyes on you. If you add too much text then people start reading it and everybody is at different points on the slide. Its all over the place…actually a mess.
  2. Bigger Fonts for your text. I would avoid smaller fonts (12 or below)
  3. Highlight as much as possible what is the key message or key point on your slide
  4. Use a roadmap trick. This is my favorite. If you have 5 or 6 or 7 main points/flows to present. Then put them all in one slide and then on next 5 or 6 or 7 slides just put a visual indicating where you are on the flow.
  5. Stay confident. Speak loud with passion and you be fine!! :)
Sample Conference Slide 
Just in case you are wondering did I use any tool or addin..yes I built it using DrawingBoard addin.

Slide created using DrawingBoard PowerPoint Addin

0 comments:

Post a Comment